Did you miss out on our Forest Event in February?
You are invited to our Music in the Mazes Event on Sunday the 26th of March.
Yes, we are doing it again!
Music, Food & Wood Fired Sauna in the Mazes,
When: Sunday the 26th of March
Where: Purple House Forest Estate (47 Wilmot Rd Forth)
Music by Chester Drawers and the Low Boys from 1 pm to 4 pm
Catering by Alchemy Catering and Love your Guts from 12 pm onwards,
(tacos, chips, Bratwurt and Sauerkraut, delicious deep-fried oliebollen, house-baked cakes, and more)
Strictly No BYO food & Drinks
If you are feeling adventurous, and ready to take the plunge have a session in the woodfired sauna hidden in the forest, followed by a quick dip in the river, a plunge in an ice bath, or a cold shower! (Your choice!)
Here are some amazing health benefits from having a regular sauna:
- Eliminates toxins through sweating.
- Heart health. Exposure to heat and sweating appears to improve heart health by improving vascular endothelial function (endothelium is a single layer of cells that line the interior surface of blood vessels)
- Lowering high blood pressure.
- Alleviates joint and muscle pain. Sauna heat benefits can alleviate pain and reduce inflammation through increased blood flow to the tender areas.
- Promotes relaxation. Thanks to the increased levels of endorphins your body produces when sweating, your cortisol levels are reduced so you become super relaxed.
- Awesome smell! The combined smells of a cedar sauna and the burning wood in the wood-burning stove, transports you into a happy, outdoor state of mind.
- Improves Mental Health. Saunas promote relaxation, laughter and conversation.
- Boosts immune function.
The sauna can fit a maximum of 6 people at the time (no children in the sauna at this stage) and sessions will be supervised by a member of our team.
Due to the popularity of this hot/cold experience, sauna sessions will go for 10 minutes maximum.
First come, first served!
Here is how to get the best out of your sauna experience:
- Make sure you are hydrated with a couple of glasses of water before and after your Sauna.
- Remove jewellery, eyeglasses or anything metallic.
- Always use a towel which you can fold or wrap around you before sitting down. This serves a dual purpose. The benches are hot, and sitting directly on them can be uncomfortable and even burn the user without the towel. This also keeps the sauna clean for other users, since no one sits directly on the same surface if everyone uses a towel.
- Users stay in the sauna for an average of 10 minutes. However, the time varies from person to person: some can only handle 5 to 10 minutes of the heat, others a little more. If you have excessive perspiration, feel uncomfortable or dizzy just step outside and cool down for a while.
- Want a flash of heat? Fill the wooden bucket with water and throw a ladle full of water on the rocks.
- Relax! Let your mind forget the worries of the day and just enjoy the heat and the cedar/wood smells!
- Cool down after leaving the sauna. You can either stand outside for a while or our favourite option is to have a cold-cold, shower. It may be best to go slowly, starting with the feet and gradually moving upwards. Or you can go full Wim Hof and shower directly under a cold shower, plunge in an icebath or in dip into the Forth River (all available onsite). This simulates the traditional Finnish habit of jumping in cold lakes between sauna sessions
Our sauna in the Forest was handmade by Pete from recycled materials and lined with cedar.
We hope you love your sauna experience as much as we do!
OR, you can simply chill out with Swinging Gate wines, or a cold beer or local cider, while you relax under the trees, soaking up the music & good company.
I can’t think of a more perfect way to celebrate the last of the summer weather before the clock turns back!
Life doesn’t get much better than this!
Bring a blanket or folding chair, lay back, and enjoy the happy vibes!
(Bring a towel and sauna gear in case you opt for the hot/cold experience!)
$15 per adult
Kids under 16 free
The first fifty tickets will go into the draw to win a luxury massage!
(Tickets are available onsite at the event)
Here is what you get:
- Free access to the mazes, labyrinths, forest, and acres of grassland
- Free Entertainment by Chester Drawers and the Low Boys
- Free Woodfired sauna session (supervised) and optional dip in the river, plunge in the ice bath or cold shower.
This promises to be another awesome event!
We can’t wait to see you there!