Bragg Premium Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
Our seasoning is an excellent food for anyone desiring to enhance the nutritional value of their foods and recipes. It is a good source of protein, dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals. Furthermore, it is naturally fat-free and sodium-free.
- Nutritious – Rich in B-Complex Vitamins
- An excellent B-12 Food
- Naturally Low in Fat and Sodium
- No Artificial Colors of Flavors
- Kosher Certified
Vitamin B-12 is essential for a healthy nervous system, proper food metabolism, and the construction and regeneration of red blood cells. The vegetarian source of the Vitamin B-12 in Bragg Premium Nutritional Yeast Seasoning is from natural fermentation, not from a synthetic process or an animal source. It is a quality and reliable source of Vitamin B-12 for Vegans and Vegetarians, who sometimes do not get enough Vitamin B-12 in their diet because Vitamin B-12 is not found naturally in plant foods, only in animal foods. Just one Tablespoon provides 40% of the Daily Value (DV) for Vitamin B-12. In addition to being a good source of vitamin B-12, Bragg Premium Nutritional Yeast Seasoning is rich in:
- B-Complex vitamins
- Thiamin (B1) (180% DV per serving),
- Riboflavin (B2) (160% DV per serving),
- Niacin (B3) (70% DV per serving),
- Pyridoxine (B6) (140% DV per serving),
- Folic Acid (40% DV per serving) and
- Pantothenic Acid (30% DV per serving).
As a rich source of Folic Acid, it is an ideal food for pregnant women to include in their diet. It is also a source for of zinc and selenium.
In addition to protein, dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals, it contains additional functional and beneficial components such as beta-1,3 glucan, trehalose, mannan and glutathione. Studies have shown that these components have health benefits such as, improved immune response, reduction of cholesterol, and anti-cancer properties.
Complex carbohydrates (beta-1,3 glucan and mannan) found in Bragg Nutritional Yeast include dietary fibers that have been shown to have a positive relationship to decreased serum cholesterol. Beta-1,3 glucan stimulates the body’s immune system. Glutathione, an antioxidant, plays an important role in cellular defense mechanisms. Bragg Nutritional Yeast contains approximately 2.5 mg. of glutathione per gram of yeast (or 12.5 mg. per Tablespoon serving).
How to use Bragg Nutritional Yeast
Bragg Premium Nutritional Yeast Seasoning is easy to incorporate into a healthy diet every day. Because of its delicious flavor it is easy to add to a variety of foods.
- For a great-tasting nutritious snack, sprinkle it liberally over hot popcorn.
- Use it as a seasoning for salads, vegetables, potatoes, rice, sauces, gravies, soups, casseroles, sandwiches, and spreads.
- Sprinkle it over spaghetti and other pasta, pizza, or other dishes as a healthful replacement for grated cheese.
- Consumers who like to get the added B-Vitamins and other nutrients in their diet often add one or two teaspoons to their juice or in smoothies for an added nutritional boost.