April is National Child abuse prevention awareness month….. how is your inner child faring?
This is a subject that is so close to my heart.
Pete and I have had the privilege of working with 10000’s of brave and heart centered women and men, helping them overcome childhood trauma so they could start living with greater confidence, inner strength and clarity.
Childhood Trauma can come in many forms:
- Physical abuse happens when anyone who has authority over you uses it to injure you physically.
- Physical neglect, when your caregiver fails to give you adequate food, warmth, clothing, or a place to live.
- Emotional abuse, which most often occurs in the form of threats, shaming, scapegoating, gaslighting or manipulation. We often don’t think of emotional manipulation as abuse but it is.
- Sexual abuse, which is one of the most damaging forms of abuse and sadly one of the most common when it comes to childhood trauma. According to the National Centre for Victims of Crime, 1 in 5 girls and 1 in 20 boys will be a victim of CSA in their lifetime. It is my personal belief that 1 in 2 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced CSA. I think these figures are much closer to the truth.
- Loss of a primary caregiver. Even when the loss is really early on in your life, and you can’t remember it, the effects are far-reaching and makes you vulnerable in ways you can’t always realise.
- Emotional neglect, which means that your caregiver fails to give you the nurturing, love and attention you need to thrive.
- Natural disasters or war. These events are deeply scarring to the child.
You might be like me and think that your childhood has been wonderful.
You only have good memories….
But have a look at this list:
- Anger issues
- Muscle tension
- Relentless fatigue
- Sleep problems,
- Mysterious aches and pains,
- Poor memory
- Out of touch with yourself and others
- Poor behavioural control
- Trust issues
- Passive-aggressive behaviour
- Perpetual victimhood
- Low or no libido
- Trouble forming deep and meaningful connections
- Low self-worth
- Chaotic lifestyle
- Lack of clarity
- Poor focus
- Other addictive behaviours
- Accident prone, bad luck
These are some of the signs that raise the alarm bells that not everything was as rosy coloured as you remembered from your childhood.
Sexual, physical, spiritual and emotional childhood abuse inflict profound destruction to people’s soul.
Whatever you experienced in your childhood becomes your truth.
Negative conditioning and/or abuse perpetuates itself during your middle years because your childhood is the blueprint and foundation of your life.
You keep on attracting the same circumstances like the ones from your childhood, but most people don’t recognize this.
Even if you do, and you recognize that you are behaving like your dad or mum, or attracting similar bad luck or diseases or struggles, you still don’t know what to do about it.
Your childhood experiences cannot be underestimated!
It takes every ounce of your life force to heal the issues in your tissues and total commitment on your part to do everything possible to break the cycle and heal your life.
Here are 7 steps to boost inner strength and confidence:
- Focus on finding solutions, ask the Universe for guidance and keep an open mind for answers that come. This is how you find your own truth and start trusting your intuition.
- If you really want to accept the past and how it has shaped your life, you must start seeing things for what they are, rather than what you wish they were. For instance, you might need to accept that a parent was abusive, or that you were bullied by a particular person, and that DAMAGE WAS DONE. If you miss this step, you can’t heal and you stay stuck.
- Distance yourself from toxic people in your life, even if these are your parents or close friends. SURVIVORS OF TRAUMA NEED TO GET AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO CREATE STRESS, DRAMA AND CHAOS BECAUSE HEALING ONLY HAPPENS IN PEACE, QUIET AND SAFETY.
- Find a trauma specialist. From my experience, it is impossible to heal from the trauma without the help of an expert. Many of our clients feel as if they have been given a new lease of life, even after one session.
- Clean up your diet and remove toxins from your body. Heavy metals and many toxic substances are neurotoxins and cause you to disconnect from your spirit or intuition. Toxins can be neutralized during an energy healing session and we will give you advice on how to keep cleaning up your tissues.
- Allow yourself to feel things as they come up. If you constantly shut of your negative emotions or feelings the pressure starts to build up inside your body and you are going SNAP at the wrong time. What you want to HEAL, you have to FEEL. Connect with and become present with any of your physical sensations, like tingling, tightness or pain, these are all messengers from your subconscious mind and offer valuable insights into the deeper parts of yourself.
- Love your feelings, every single feeling, even the negative ones. Or especially the negative ones. To feel is to be human and to be human is a gift. We can show you ways to love ALL of your thoughts and feelings.
Admitting the truth doesn’t cause suffering, it ends it.
Facing your truth is freeing.
Miracles will happen as you learn to love and accept yourself warts and all.
I am here to guide you or your loved one every step along the way, to help turn your personal pain into power and success.
To help you get inspiration to overcome your struggles or obstacles and to believe in yourself, read how I did it in my book. Click Here to Purchase Grada’s Book
Or read how Peter overcame the pain of loneliness and isolation – Click Here to Purchase Peter’s Book
Every Monday night at 8 pm, I share a practice to help you feel happier, calmer, and more connected inside your body.
This is a free service I offer to my tribe, and you can join this private FB group: You are the Miracle FM
To book an appointment call our customer support angels, Leica and Ashleigh on 03 64283007. Or call 0428283007 to talk about your needs, or to order products.
Alternatively, you can complete the below online booking form to book an appointment.
We are open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9 AM to 5 PM and you are most welcome to come for a chat, walk through our amazing healing gardens and check out our shop area.
Plus with Mother’s day coming up, Gift Vouchers are a great idea too.
P.S. Upcoming Workshops
Join Love Your Guts founder, Caleb Robertson, as he takes you into the magical world of microbes.
A fun, hands-on and informative morning of making your own sauerkraut, kefir and kombucha plus much more!
With a background in natural health and nutrition, Caleb is a wealth of knowledge and loves to share his passions of food and gut health.
- Date: 16 May 2021 at 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Address: 47 Wilmot Road, Forth
- Tickets: A$119.00 per person (click below link to book)