In today’s world our children are sicker than they have ever been in recorded history.
When our gut becomes compromised we sometimes lose the ability to function as peace loving human beings.
My young client was a perfect example of this. He was only seven but argued all the time. His mum couldn’t leave him alone in the house with his siblings for even five minutes. At school he spent most of his time outside the classroom. His tantrums, moods swings, disrupted sleeping patterns and appalling behaviour were off the scale. By the time he first presented to me, the Education Department was threatening his parents with medical intervention and I couldn’t blame them.
Within minutes of treating him I realised that my young client’s real issues were not of a psychological nature: his body/subconscious definitely wanted to be well behaved. His subconscious even felt apologetic towards his parents. The problem was that his immune/nervous system was irritated to the max. In fact it required a huge amount of effort and energy on the boy’s part to even behave as well as he did! When I told his mum she burst into tears. I explained that his gut was very sick with bad bacteria, Candida and probably parasites to boot. This created a toxic cocktail that leaked from his gut into the blood stream overloading his kidneys and liver to breaking point and irritating his brain as it seeped through the blood brain barrier.
The power of nutrition for our sick children
To distract the mum I told her that scientists did an experiment once on a person who classified as Mr Average who offered to be a guinea pig. He was given an anti-nutrient that blocked out his Niacin uptake. Niacin is Vitamin B3 and responsible for keeping our nervous system strong and rational (amongst other things). Within a very short time this person became an aggressive ‘monster’ ready to smash the furniture or even worse: attack another human being for no reason. They kindly reversed the action of the anti-nutrient and he became his normal well behaved self again.
Such is the power of nutrition, and we are only talking about one missing Vitamin here!
Every day we give our children anti-vitamins.
How do we daily compromise their immune system, nervous system and highest potential?
- Our drinking water which is laced with fluoride. Fluoride turns us into zombies and calcifies our pineal gland by the time we are teenagers. Our pineal gland is our connection to the Source / higher Self. Once it calcifies it is hard to see right from wrong and we are easier to manipulate. Chloride in the same drinking water causes hardening of the arteries and sets us up for a heart attack a few decades down the track. Bromide in our bread and milk makes us sluggish and obese. While we are lucky to have drinking water on tap, these chemicals do have a lasting detrimental impact on our health.
- Sugar. One molecule of sugar misplaces 50 molecules of magnesium. Magnesium is the calming mineral and needed to keep our nervous system strong. Today it is estimated that the average child has 29 teaspoons of sugar per day!
- Toxic and processed foods contaminated with GMO, pesticides and herbicides
- Medications like antibiotics (antibiotics do save lives but don’t create health!), asthma medications and anti-inflammatories
- Antibacterial ingredients in soaps, hand wash and in our personal health care products
- Pollution and stress
- Poly unsaturated fats like margarines and canola oils.
It is very sad when we blame our children for behaviours that are beyond their control because we, the parents don’t give them the nutrition they need. I admit that it can be very difficult to be the food police 24/7 but we chose to be parents so we are responsible. Sometimes the parents are the real ‘criminals’ and not the child.
We make our children sick
This was perfectly illustrated a little time ago. I was busy making a large pot of bone broth soup with Elijah in mind. Elijah is our 9 year old grandson with severe auto immune issues. I left it simmering on the stove to race to the Forth shop to grab my mail and a few other items. There was an unusual long queue behind the cash register, caused by a 10 year old boy and his grandpa. On the counter I noticed their lunch: energy drinks, bars of chocolate and a bag of chips.
The queue was caused by the boy painstakingly choosing a kilo of lollies while his grandpa urged him on. The shop assistant was on a small ladder reaching out to the colourful lolly display, waiting for the boy to make up his mind. Finally the scales pointed to the one kilo sign and the shop assistant sealed the bag with a sigh of relief. Just when I started to feel sick at the thought of the boy having to consume all those sweets the grandpa plonked another bag of pre-packed lollies on top of the sugary pile of anti-nutrients! I pitied the poor boy’s mum! Sugar is known to be a major contributing factor to obesity, diabetes and cancer, and Government guidelines suggest children that should not consume more than 60g daily. In fact, there is a growing body of well-respected medical opinion that the recommended intake should be halved to 30g a day or 210g a week. This boy was going to eat half a year’s supply of sugar in one go! I couldn’t wait to race home to the safety of my bone-broth soup.
Children are so vulnerable.
Their brains and nervous system use a lot more energy than adults because they are growing and learning new things at a rapid rate. When energy levels swing like crazy inside their body, the first thing that is affected is behaviour! As a mum of six kids I know how hard it is to give your children the full range of nutrients that they need. Even when Pete and I used to grow our own vegetables and meat and I used to bake all our own bread and biscuits I still never felt good about our food. Because I knew that our soils in Australia have very little in the way of mineral content I was always conscious about gaps in their nutrition. I was very strict about no lollies. My mum who had been a sugar addict all her life used to spoil our children with smarties. I hated it, because the kids behaved like speed addicts for hours afterwards. My food values were so alien to my mum that it was no point discussing it. I sometimes caught the emerging lollies from her handbag in time to deposit them in the rubbish bin behind her back, much to the cries and screams of my kids, who behaved as if they hadn’t had a morsel of food for weeks, turning myself into an object of hatred for the rest of the day.
Yet despite being a strict food police (an extremist in my kid’s eyes) life didn’t always work out. Child number 3 was born with persistent eczema that lasted for years and eventually turned into bouts of psoriasis. Child number 5 was born with a cold and I used to lie awake all night listening to her sniffle and snuff, because I knew that babies can only breathe through their noses till they are 6 weeks old and hers was full of snot! When a friend went to a compounding pharmacist to get some immune boosting drops for my newborn baby she was told that I must have been a very bad mum!
Child number 6 nearly died from epiglottitis when he was 9 months old! We had to drive from our isolated farm to the nearest hospital, which was 40 km’s away and then we had to speed to ICU in Launceston by ambulance, which was another 70 km’s. All the time my baby was lying limp in my arms with saliva dribbling from his mouth and I had to prevent him from crying or he would die! The Doctor was sitting next to me with his theatre knife ready to cut a breathing hole in his neck if it came to the worst!
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that child number 1 got into a lot of trouble at school. He wore out the “time out” seat at the local primary school. And all the stalactites on the ceiling above the same seat were from child number 3 who tried to outdo his elder brother and covered the ceiling with spit balls.
How can we turn over a new leaf?
Back in my treatment room I reassure my client’s mum that I used to despair at my children’s behaviour but now I couldn’t be more proud of all six! Next we worked out a plan of action that will help restore her son’s nervous system:
- 3 drops of iodine in water daily. Iodine gets rid of fluoride, bromide and chloride and prevents the pineal gland from calcifying. If he has a bad day she can increase his drops to 5 per day.
- A dose of probiotic food every day to heal and seal his gut. His gut should have over 500 species and nearly 2 kg of good bacteria. This is his immunity. These good bacteria also break down his foods; gobble up rubbish and release vitamins and minerals from the foods he eats. I gave her a choice of Bioraculous , Immunosynbiotic or Probiotic Foods for kids.
- Mighty Mins, which will give him everything needed that may be missing from his diet. No less than 31 nutritional factors are found in Mighty Mins and the nutrients are provided in forms that are easily absorbed and create health most efficiently. The vitamin C in Mighty Mins is in fat soluble form as this form is retained and utilized far more effectively than normal water soluble vitamin C. And yes, it has the all important Niacin which will turn your child from an uncooperative ball spitting monster to an intelligent happy person. My child number 3, the one with the eczema, was an absolute angel when he was born but all that changed when he went to school. Every day when I picked him up from kindy he was in a foul mood and his teacher was pulling her hair out. But his behaviour would change as soon as I put some food in his tummy! Now I know that his chromium levels must have been way too low. His blood sugars dropped into his boots a couple of hours after breakfast each morning. The mineral chromium prevents this from happening. Mighty Mins contains chromium polynicotinate which is one of the few chromiums worth taking.
- Coconut oil to support his brain, his glands and his immune system. You can mix coconut oil in soups, smoothies and lather it on vegies. Coconut oil not only calms the brain, it kills bad bacteria, parasites and Candida as well.
- Plenty of Himalayan Salt in his water to correct the lack of minerals from living in Australia. Australia’s soils are some of the most mineral deficient soils in the world.
- Valor and Peace and Calming Essential oils to help him feel settled and happy.
Oh how I wish I could turn the clock back and give my kids what my grandchildren enjoy now! I would be able to re-write the history of the Robertsons!
All products are for sale on the website (click on the product name for the link) and at the Purple House which is open Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.
Phone 6428 3007 for more information or to do a phone order.
More newsy bits and info on products can be found at
Till next time! Grada