REFLEXOLOGY WEEKEND RETREAT WITH
@ 47 Wilmot Rd, Forth
14th and 15th October 9.30 – 5.30 pm
Healthy lunch, morning and afternoon tea provided.
Grada will teach you safe and simple reflexology techniques that will enhance your life and create rapid positive changes. No previous training required. Learn how to:
· REBOOT YOUR THYROID
· INCREASE YOUR ENERGY LEVELS
· SPEED UP YOUR METABOLISM
· STABILIZE YOUR MOODS
$400 PER PERSON ($100 per day to revisit or re-TREAT YOURSELF TO A WONDERFUL WEEKEND of relaxation, fun and friendship)
P: 64283007 to reserve your spot
OR CLICK ON http://bit.ly/REFLEXOLOGYWEEKEND
Feet-ures (pun intended) include:
- A comprehensive manual with charts and information
- Emotional stress release techniques
- Fast corrections to balance the chakras (your body’s hormonal centres)
- Identify and clear areas of pain and stress
- Opening of your Vital Healing Energy
- Improving flexibility
- Explanations of how your stresses are held in the body and the reasons why your body can’t let go anymore
- Teaching you how to let go
- The correct use of therapeutic essential oils.
- Hours of relaxation!
Who is this workshop for?
- It’s perfect for you, if you are interested in simple and safe solutions to enhance your wellbeing
- For you if you are a therapist and seek to add value to your treatments, by blending these techniques into your healing routine
- For you if you are a mum, dad or caring person in the community and you want to gain tools, techniques and wisdom to heal your extended families
- You, if you want to enrich your life with energy, vitality, and emotional resilience.
‘Your feet are intrinsically connected to your brain through minute touch receptors which send messages to your brain. The feet that we stand and walk on, act like emergency doctors.’
There are 7000 reflex points on each foot and when you press the many reflex buttons, you can imagine what is happening all through your body’s network of intricate channels. No wonder you feel so amazing with renewed life/vitality immediately after a reflexology session! You have released the clogged channels, leaving no place for toxins to hide or tissues to suffocate!
Many years ago, a client approached me to help her recover from an overactive thyroid. After listening to her and taking down her history the first thing I noticed was a huge callous on either side of her big toe (which also happens to be the thyroid reflex point). She told me that she had to visit the podiatrist almost weekly to have her calluses removed otherwise her feet became too painful. However, her visits to the Dr and the podiatrist were now starting to hurt the hip pocket more than her feet, so she decided it was time for an alternative approach. I gave her a healing session, which included dietary advice as well as reflexology to balance her entire endocrine system (not just her thyroid). I also showed her an energy balancing technique she was to do every single morning before getting dressed to benefit her thyroid.
(I will teach you this 1-minute technique during the upcoming workshop). She only needed two more sessions afterwards and her calluses stopped growing because the underlying issue had been cleared. Her thyroid health has remained strong ever since much to the delight of her husband and children. Having a wife or mum who suffers from thyroid issues is not much fun.
Here are some interesting facts about the thyroid: 80% of Tasmanians are supposed to suffer from some form of thyroid disorder, so have a look around: that is 8 out of every 10 people in the street! Perhaps you (your wife, husband, mum, dad, or child) are one of the people who suffer from the following symptoms:
- Weight gain
- Anxiety, depression, irritability, memory problems, mood swings, panic attacks
- Mental sluggishness, concentration problems
- Tumours of all kinds
- High cholesterol levels
- Menstrual problems
- Blood sugar disorders
- Low blood pressure
- Carbohydrate intolerance
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Poor circulation, cold hands and feet, heat or cold intolerance
- Fluid retention
- Hair loss
- Hair brittleness
- Heart enlargement
- Slow heart rate, even in non-athletes
- Recurrent infections
- Muscle and joint aches and pains or weakness
- Brittle nails
- Dry or flaky skin
The thyroid is absolutely critical to the smooth functioning of our lives. The thyroid is a small butterfly shaped gland located in the neck, on either side of the Adam’s apple. The normal functioning of cells, the muscles, the immune system, the brain and the nervous system all depend on it.
The thyroid cells absorb iodine which they combine with tyrosine to make T4, which breaks down to produce T3, which is the more active thyroid hormone. Thyroid hormones are essential to life. Every cell of the body depends upon them for metabolic regulation, as they are involved in the production of mitochondria. (Mitochondria are like the power stations inside the cells, where nutrients are converted into useable energy). Thyroid hormones regulate the rate at which our body’s burn fats and carbohydrates. Thyroid helps control body temperature, influences heart rate and helps regulate protein digestion. Therefore it plays an essential role in maintaining energy levels, regulating weight, keeping an overall feeling of calmness and resilience in stressful situations, general wellbeing and also controlling a lot of other organ functions.
Even small abnormalities in thyroid function can cause the wheels to come off the cart. And you never know when that may happen. Before you know it, you could be spilling all your beans in front of total strangers like I did in 2007 ago when we were going through a difficult time because of my MVA that nearly killed me. To lighten us up a bit Peter decided on the spur of the moment to take us all out for tea. Things had been a bit tense at home that day, with a house full of hormonal teenagers going through various stages of disagreeableness. The mood didn’t lift during dinner and suddenly without warning I was bawling in the large cloth serviette that was (conveniently) supplied by the restaurant. What made matters worse was that once I started I couldn’t stop anymore. I sobbed all through entree, main course and dessert and then we left.
Having a thyroid weakness can make you feel terribly co-dependent so I learnt much later. That means that you never feel happy unless everybody around you is happy. This is usually how it affects women and mothers, whereas men and fathers tend to withdraw or be moody when their thyroids take a nose dive.
You may have been experiencing some of these symptoms and you have been to the Doctor and blood tests have shown no abnormalities? The truth is the standard thyroid testing to reliably detect thyroid function is a source of confusion to you and your GP.
Because the thyroid hormones are so crucially important the body has all sorts of compensatory mechanisms in place to prevent overall collapse. One is the fact that the adrenals will take over some of the thyroid functions, including the formation of thyroid hormones (hence the levels seem normal in a routine blood test). This is like using your credit card instead of your saving account. Eventually your adrenals give out under the stress of managing too many jobs and you get chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, high or low blood pressure to name a few. The adrenals play a role in controlling the blood pressure. They also monitor the cortisol levels in the blood. When the adrenals become exhausted cortisol levels may go rampant. What happens next is that cortisol will re-visit old injury sites and create new areas of inflammation (hence you get fibromyalgia like symptoms) If you suffer from regular afternoon slumps it means your adrenals are running on low because the adrenals are meant to give you a second wind after lunch. We need to connect the dots all the way back to the thyroid!
When I finally had my thyroid checked a scan showed that it looked like a bunch of grapes. And by then I had also developed benign tumours in my breasts. I didn’t follow the medical route and instead looked into what causes thyroid problems. The most common factors are:
- Mineral deficiency. Deficiencies in iodine and selenium are so common that it is rare to find a person not deficient in these minerals. They are required for the manufacture of thyroid hormones and they also keep the thyroid tissue healthy. On top of that they protect the thyroid gland against harmful chemicals and radiation. Radiation doesn’t just mean radiation from X-rays and scans; we are all exposed to high levels of radiation on a daily basis in the form of mobile phones and phone towers, electrical appliances at home, internet connections and satellites. Our bodies are bombarded with radiation continually, which can cause DNA damage and increases the risk of cancerous tumours.
- High insulin levels caused by high carbohydrate/starches (sugar, flour, alcohol, fruits) intake increase the risk of thyroid problems. (If you are hungry between meals and feel like snacking, it means that you haven’t had enough proteins and fats in the previous meal)
- Fluoride and chloride in our drinking water and bromide in commercial flours, including your daily bread (it isn’t mentioned on the package, because all flours contain bromide as an anti-fungal) belong to the same chemical family as iodine. The only problem is that they are poisonous. Because they are smaller than iodine they are easier absorbed by the body. They stick to the iodine receptor sites in the body because the body mistakenly believes it is iodine. Now you have created massive hormonal disruption because your brain is affected by hormones made from toxic ingredients, and it goes undetected. As far as I know there are no medical tests to show that you have high levels of fluoride, chloride and bromide in your body. Bromide is also used in fire retardant clothing, car interiors, mattresses, curtains and upholstery.
- Magnesium deficiency. It is safe to say that everyone who doesn’t supplement with magnesium daily is magnesium deficient. Magnesium is like a companion nutrient to iodine. No energy can be created in the cells without magnesium or iodine. Calcium and Vitamin D supplements cause magnesium deficiency and are harmful to your health.
What can you do? Here is a plan of action that worked well for me (lumps, bumps and benign tumours all disappeared in no time). It has also worked well for hundreds of clients:
- Become your own Doctor and do your own reliable testing! Monitor your basal temperature by placing a thermometer under your armpit before getting out of bed in the morning, and rest quietly for 10 minutes. A temperature below 36.5C may indicate low thyroid function and a temperature above 36.7C may indicate hyperthyroidism.
- Always supplement with iodine. Most of us need 5 drops per day as a minimum but it won’t hurt to have more. Iodine will flush out harmful toxins; will kill cancer cells, viruses, bacteria, fungi (like Candida) and even protozoa or parasites. Any excess iodine will end up in the toilet (it is highly unlikely that you will ever enjoy a state of excess iodine in your body). Colloidal iodine is completely safe and a bottle retails for $34. Babies and children need it too.
- Boost your intake of coconut oil. The best way is to have a tablespoon at breakfast, lunch and tea time. Coconut oil is loved by your thyroid and liver.
- Avoid all poly-unsaturated oils and margarines.
- Filter your drinking water.
- Drink 1 litre of water for every 30 kg of body weight. Add ¼ teaspoon of Himalayan Salt to each litre of water for your perfect mineral solution.
- Supplement with Magnesium and soak in Epsom Salt baths. Magnesium oil is a great way to get magnesium into the cells and is very cheap at $12 per bottle.
- Avoid high starch carbohydrates, fructose and soy products. They weaken the thyroid.
- I energize my thyroid using a simple energy balancing technique that I will teach in the workshop.
- Any conflicts between the heart and the head need to be resolved. The thyroid is the meat in the middle of the sandwich and will still suffer regardless of doing all of the above measures if you have incongruence in your life. Take stock of what is going on in your life. If you need clarity please wait no longer and book yourself in for a kinergetic session with one of our brilliant therapists.
- Book in for regular combination healing sessions to create balance in your life and to keep your ‘car’ operating smoothly
Perhaps you are like the average person today who feels powerless to care for his own needs or those of his/her family, without resorting to drugs or painkillers. This weekend workshop is a way of providing you with some simple tools and processes that you can use to regain a role of authority in your own health.
The methods I will present are not intended to keep people away from doctors, drugs or surgery, but rather they form an opportunity to stay away from needless and harmful medication with questionable effectiveness and many side effects. No prior knowledge is required for this course. All you need is an open mind and a pair of hands and feet. Bring a blanket and pillow. This weekend will be a great mix of relaxing and learning new things. During the workshop I will teach you how to:
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Increase focus and clarity
- Encourage and restore the flow of nutrient and oxygen through the body
- Relax sore and tired muscles
- Induce overall relaxation and peace of mind
- Rebalance the hormones
- Stimulate and balance your metabolism.
- Boost your immune system.
- Use essential oils correctly
Phone the Purple House on 64283007 to reserve your spot.
Looking forward to seeing you there! Grada, alias your wellness warrior!