|Prostate Cancer Symptoms
Many men with prostate cancer have no symptoms related to their cancer. For those that do have symptoms, they could include any of the following:
· Urinary problems – weak urine stream, difficulty initiating urination, stopping and starting during urination;
· urinating frequently, especially at night, pain or burning with urination. These symptoms are also often associated with noncancerous enlargement of the prostate, called benign prostatic hypertrophy or BPH.
· Blood – in the urine and semen.
· Pain – in the hips, pelvis, spine or upper legs.
· Pain or discomfort – during ejaculation.
I am listening to the hardships my client has had to endure after an operation to save his prostate a couple of years ago. He is younger than me, in his late forties, and way too young to be impotent and incontinent as a result of surgery.
Here is an excerpt of his story: ‘It all began after an annual physical check up with my GP, which showed my PSA count was elevated. This led to a biopsy of the prostate gland. The results showed that I had prostate cancer, which was the bad news. The good news was that I could have my prostate removed and then I would be cured, because the cancer was confined to my prostate.
It came as a shock because I had experienced no symptoms like getting up at night to urinate. I kept on thinking: why me, why me? What have I done to deserve this? After the operation I developed problems with scar tissue build up in my urethra, which had to be removed. This was extremely painful and I started to take pills for the pain. I have to resort to antibiotics for urinary tract infections that pop up like clockwork because of the incontinence. I always have a heavy feeling in my pelvis…..”
It sounds like the stuff of nightmares, I am thinking. I thought women were the only ones who knew how to suffer because of their reproductive systems, but when I did some research after I came home I realized that there is a silent epidemic of prostate issues going on out there.
Here are some of the stats:
- Close to 3300 men die annually of prostate cancer in Australia. This is equal to the number of women who die from breast cancer.
- Around 20000 new cases of prostate cancer are diagnosed in Australia each year.
- Each day about 32 men learn that they have prostate cancer. Tragically every 3 hours one man will lose his battle against this disease
- These grim stats are highlighted with colourful graphs but I have read enough. The point is: why wait till you have cancer? Typically cancer slowly builds up in your body 10 years before you are diagnosed. Assuming this is true, that means that my client would have been around 39 when this insidious disease crept in. Eek! My sons are almost that age!Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in Australian men and it is the second most common cause of death in men.
- The chances of prostate cancer increase with age
The statistics only talk about death; they don’t mention the silent epidemic of suffering by blokes in nappies, by the guys who are too young to be impotent. Men like my client today are obviously the “success stories” or the “lucky ones!”
Every choice you make brings you closer to life, or closer to death!
The next day I check with my three sons whether they always take their 10 iodine drops daily and supplement with a product like ‘prostate health’, which we get from the Young Living Essential Oil company. Percy’s powder is another great supplement that prevents cancer and boosts the immune system to overcome cancer. So does Relief powder, which is a potent a turmeric/ginger extract. All these products are stocked at the Purple House and can be mixed up in our famous Cancer Busting Smoothie which I hope my children drink on a regular basis!
I don’t have to worry about Peter, because I know he does everything in his power to stay healthy and he is as fit as his sons, if not fitter.
He is unstoppable. He starts off every day with 2 full glasses of filtered water, with iodine. Then he does breathing exercises and stretches while I meditate under the blankets. After that he concocts a smoothie for 2 for breakfast, which is based on the recipe below. Sometimes Peter will have scrambled eggs with almost half a packet of butter for breakfast.
Investing a few extra dollars in supplements might seem difficult today, but in reality it’s like paying it forward. The effects of taking good care of yourself will be accumulative, which means that you will feel better as you age, rather than worse. You have a completely new body every 11 months, so whatever happened in the past doesn’t have to affect you forever. For instance every 2 to 3 months you have a new liver. Every 5 days the skin inside your hands is new. Every 4 months every red cell in your body has been replaced. Your body works hard to give you a new chance and with the right guidance and nutrition, there is no reason why a man has to die of prostate cancer or subject himself to harsh cancer treatments that haven’t really improved chances of survival much in the last few decades. The same goes for women with breast cancer.
Every new day is a new chance to change your life!
Back in my room I treat my client as if he is one of my sons. Essentially he wants to boost his immune system, and be free from pain, anger and frustration. I am glad that he is ready to take an active part in his recovery. It makes it easy for me to clear his stresses and pains with a combination of nutritional medicine, coaching and kinesiology. These therapies allow us to address problems at the root cause which means that once the symptoms are gone, they are gone for good.
I showed him which points on the hands, feet and ears to massage every day to stimulate healing to the damaged areas. It won’t make his prostate grow back, but it will help his body create new nerve pathways to his injured parts. Magnesium Oil ($12) is a great painkiller so I rubbed that on his lower back. It also fights cancer cells. I encouraged him to regularly consume the cancer busting smoothie, which can act as a meal replacement any time of the day and to come for a regular treatments to remove the pain from his body and resolve his emotional stresses and traumas. Treatments not only stimulate blood to circulate to every part of the body, they help remove toxic wastes from the lymphatic system and get us out of the state of fight and flight and into recovery mode.
Cancer busting smoothie for two.
- 2 table spoons of organic cold pressed flax seed oil
- 6 table spoons of plain Greek full fat yoghurt
- 2 dessert spoons of organic coconut oil
- 2 dessert spoons of Chia seeds
- 2 scoops of Bioraculous (contains anti-oxidants, probiotics, enzymes, proteins and much more)
- 2 sachet’s of Percy’s Powders
- 2 dessert spoons of Digest easy or the equivalent in Relief Powder
- 2 dessert spoons of Maca Powder
- 10 drops of iodine.
You may need to add some water to create a consistency that suits your taste buds. You can add some cinnamon or vanilla, a small hand full of Goji Berries or half a green apple (only if you are healthy). I add Boron and Diatomaceous earth for strong bones, nails and hair. Mix in a food processor and enjoy.
Do not be tempted to turn this into a fruit smoothie. Too much fructose from fruits transforms into bad oils by your cells which will give you pain and inflammation. All ingredients are available at the Purple House or at http://bit.ly/purplehouseshop. Call 64283007 to book an appointment or to do a phone order.