The article mentions a list of symptoms. Do you experience the following?
· More irritable and aggressive than usual
· Not sleeping well, or sleeping too much
· A feeling of hopelessness or helplessness
· Trouble with concentration
· Not hungry
· No control over unwanted thoughts
· Consuming more alcohol or other addictive substances than normal
· Engage in reckless behaviour
· You have thoughts that life isn’t worth living
Trauma and wrong thinking patterns aside, often low moods are more to do with nutrient deficiency than anything else.
To save yourself and the next generation a lot of pain and heartbreak here are some suggestions:
1. Magnesium. All your counselling sessions will be a waste of time if your body lacks the key mineral magnesium. At least 500 functions in the body depend on the presence of magnesium. You can use magnesium oil on your body or supplement with Magnesium Complete once or twice daily. (for more info on magnesium please click here: https://www.purplehousenaturaltherapies.com.au/chocolate-cravings-magnesium-deficiency/)
2. A dose of tyrosine and glutamine (500 to 1000 mg in the morning) is meant to be the natural alternative to Prozac. Tyrosine also helps to give you a boost of energy in the morning and glutamine is an essential amino acid for the brain. It turns into GABA, a calming, muscle relaxing brain chemical. It helps to clear the mind.
4. Iodine is a real health issue in Australia. You need iodine to make the thyroid hormones that speed up cell metabolism. If your thyroid is struggling you may suffer from fatigue and brain fog, depression and anxiety. As soon as you start taking your iodine drops in the morning you feel your mood lift and you become the positive person you always wanted to be.
5. St John’s-Wort is taken by many thousands of people in Europe, and in Germany it is prescribed 5 more times than Prozac as it is less likely to cause side effects. It works by inhibiting the re-uptake of serotonin and dopamine.
6. 5 HTP is a precursor to serotonin as well
7. The B Vitamins are especially important because they maximize energy production in the brain cells and support the brain’s chemical messenger system. B3 helps produce serotonin and histamine, vital for healthy memory and mood stability.
If you are really confused now don’t despair. The perfect solution is Calm Nature, which contains nearly all of the above except for tyrosine, glutamine and iodine. It even contains a small amount of natural lithium. Research has shown that areas with higher levels of lithium in the drinking water showed very low levels of mental illness. Calm Nature retails for around $47.27 for 180 capsules.
When you take antidepressants it becomes a priority to take extra nutrients because most antidepressants suppress nutrient uptake.
It is good to remember that the brain is mostly water and fats, and the average person needs to drink at least 2 litres per day, and have 3 tablespoons of healthy fats. Coconut oil is one of the best fats for the brain and in some cases has even been able to reverse Alzheimer’s disease. (If it is able to reverse something like Alzheimer’s, which is the giant amongst mental disorders, you’d think that clearing up smaller disorders would be a no-brainer for coconut oil.)
All of the above products are stocked at the clinic and we have had some excellent feedback from clients who are now enjoying their lives again simply by tweaking their diet, drinking more water and supplying their bodies with the nutrients it needed all along.
How can you explain that pain just disappears, old deep-seated negative emotions are found and dissolved, toxins are neutralized, minerals are balanced and you feel more at peace than you have ever felt before? All this happens during one session!
For thousands of Purple House clients the changes have been dramatic and lasting.