‘Buen Vivir is making waves across South America and ripples are starting to reach us, I am reading in a local newspaper. ‘In English buen vivir means good living, or living well. It’s a way of doing things that is centred on the wellbeing of our community. It is ecologically balanced and there is no compartmentalising of society and nature. Buen Vivir promotes small scale production because it is more likely to:
Reflect and enhance local culture
Include local people
Protect the local environment
Serve local needs.
Those 4 values are at the heart of the way we operate at the Purple House and Alchemy Café. This means that:
- We only use the healthiest, organic and ethical ingredients in Alchemy. The way we cook and eat at home is the way we cook at Alchemy!
- As an example, we only serve full fat milk, yoghurt and cream as opposed to the skinny versions. Processed milk in the form of pasteurised and homogenized is the deadliest of all and we refuse to serve it to our customers at Alchemy Café. During the processing of the milk ‘xanthine oxidase’ is produced. This is the number one plague forming substance known to the arteries. On the other hand, full cream products are full of saturated fats which your body craves and loves!
- We buy fresh products daily and support our local suppliers where we can and we purchase fair-trade where possible.
- We only stock products and supplements that have been well researched and proven to be indispensable to our own wellbeing. I take them myself and so do my children and grandchildren. I would not choose one set of treatments for you (the client) and another for myself at home. Compartmentalisation means that you act one way at home (for instance, you would never subscribe chemotherapy drugs to your own child) and a different way at work (you choose drugs that are harmful to your patients, because you have to follow a set protocol. Or you are simply hiding behind the system, even though it conflicts with your inner values)
- When it comes to treatments in the Purple House we only offer the best. After 18 years of diligent research and practice, including thousands of hours of scientific research, and spending well over $200000 towards our studies, I managed to heal myself in record time after being left for dead by a collision with a truck at age 43. Peter and I experimented everything together and we discovered new remedies and therapies that work brilliantly with minimal time and effort on your part. We literally sorted out the wheat from the chaff and today we get results where others fail, without it costing you thousands of dollars.
- We share our life saving information freely in weekly blogs (to subscribe log into: purplehousenaturaltherapies.com.au ).
- Our dedicated therapists have been coached and trained by us. This allows them to work successfully with all types of health challenges, including auto-immune conditions, liver congestion, adrenal fatigue, allergies, thyroid problems, arthritis, mental illness, hormonal imbalances, structural issues, sciatica and more.
Our friendly receptionists are your go-to-people. They are on deck 6 days per week (Monday to Friday 8.30-5 pm and Saturday 9 till 4 pm). Call them on 64283007. You can also conveniently order products online: http://bit.ly/purplehouseshop.
The Purple House and Alchemy Café were created to bring buen vivir, or a way to live well, to anyone who truly believes their bodies can heal. We offer a roadmap to personal transformation which allows you to be the engineer of your own health! One way to share information outside the box is by running workshops that you won’t find anywhere else.
Workshops in September, October, November, December
Fearless fermenting: Saturday the 2nd September 9.30 till 12.30 at 47 Wilmot Rd, Forth.
Investment: $110. Book online at http://bit.ly/ferment-purplehouse or call 64283007.
Caleb will teach you the secrets to good health while you eat all morning. Learn how to safely make your own:
- Fermented butter
- Kombucha and other mouth-watering dishes that Caleb keeps under wraps till Saturday. With every mouthful of fermented foods, you are winning the war for your immune system. Watch Caleb prepare sample dishes that will easily upgrade every meal you make at home. Kefir, a delicious probiotic drink fights inflammation, lowers cholesterol and supports weight los
s. For more information on this exciting subject check out Grada’s blogs at purplehousenaturaltherapies.com.au
One participant generously offered her testimonial of her fermenting experience: I wanted to write down my experience with Caleb’s fermenting classes so you can post it or use it as a reference. I would also love to find my booklet again.. would you mind sending the electronic version just for my own use. As I said below, these recipes are so easy to follow – every other website/book seems to be full of precautions that cut your appetite and zeal to do anything.
I was delighted to spend a Saturday morning of my recent holiday in Tasmania in Caleb’s fermentation class. I live in Belgium and although this country is famous for its rich variety of certain fermented barley juices, there are no classes on making healthy fermented drinks and foods. As I had hoped for, Caleb’s class with his laid-back, no fuss and no stress approach gave me the push I needed to start making my own fermented veggies as soon as I got home. Unfortunately, I lost the little recipe book that we received at the end of the course so I had to look on the internet to check the procedures. Caleb’s recipes and instructions were so straightforward (I had read it on the plane) but here I was back to complication again! Anyway, in the spirit of my Tasmanian course I “just got on with it” and now I am sniffing and checking the progress of my frothing pots of sauerkraut and carrot sticks every day. Next weekend, I am starting the water kefir – much nicer than barley juice!
Jonath Rowe, Belgium PS: I really enjoyed the generous, original and delicious snacks during the tasting session! Thanks again and “bonne continuation” to Caleb and Tarley.
Sunday 10th September 9.30 – 5 pm (tentative time): Tap into your inner fire! Tasmania’s brand-new Wim Hof instructor, Piet Blokker, will guide you through a series of activities that will help you connect to the guru within. The focus will be on using your breath to reset your computer, connecting with your Still Point, and a short ice-bath at the end of the day, followed by a meditation session. You can look at this workshop as a one-off life altering experience, of use it to kick start a 10-week program to optimum health and happiness, with weekly group sessions by Wim Hof instructor Piet.
Investment: $300 (includes healthy lunch, morning and afternoon tea)
10 weekly group sessions: $30 per session.
Bring: towel, cushions or yoga mat, bathers, and wear comfy gear.
More information will follow soon. In the meantime, read my experience of Wim Hof/Ice man boot camp in Victoria last year. http://bit.ly/healthhappinessandstrenght. I paid $2000 for 4 days (plus airfares) and I would do it again tomorrow! Why? Because I only have one body. I know that when I dig deep enough (in myself) I will strike gold. Inside all of us is a vast reservoir of health, happiness and strength and Wim Hof, alias the Iceman has made his lifestyle duplicable so we can all benefit from what he learnt through trial, error and heartbreak. Other than me raving on about health, happiness and strength, here are some scientific facts to whet your appetite: Controlled frequent exposure to the cold has many benefits. Cold therapy like cold showers or ice baths improves your metabolism. The ball of warmth I felt on the second day meant that my brown fat tissue metabolism was being activated. Brown fat rapidly heats the body, like throwing petrol on the smouldering embers. As we age we lose our brown fat and we start building up layers of white fat in unwanted places. Studies have shown that cold therapy has anti-obesity effect.
Cold exposure helps to move toxins from your lymphatic system; it’s a bit like cleaning out your house with a garden hose. It trains your circulatory system. Blood vessels open with cold exposure, and then close again. This causes blood to rush back and flush the organs and glands which helps to remove toxins and boosts the blood circulations to the organs.
Longer cold exposure triggers the release of endorphins similar to opiates. This is like having your own inbuilt pharmacy. Now you can unlock the door to your bodies’ secret stash of natural painkillers. It is safer than obtaining them on the black market and it gives you the same high or sense of wellbeing, without any of the side effect. It costs you nothing other than a little bit of effort.
Cold showers may stimulate the brain to release noradrenalin, a chemical that’s helpful in overcoming depression. It also reduces inflammation and stress levels, improves fertility and sexual performance, boosts your immune system, improves your thyroid and adrenal function, increases your pain tolerance and helps you sleep better, amongst other things. It is challenging but worth it!
Spring is just around the corner and there is never a better time to surprise yourself. If I can do it as a 55 year old mum and grandma, anybody can! I recommend this workshop for anyone who has serious health challenges because you learn how to control and regulate your own immune system. Up till the appearance of Wim Hof, scientists believed this was impossible and now they are rewriting the medical text books.
Great for cancer sufferers and survivors, people with auto immune disorders, MS, R.A, mental illness, depression, anxiety, allergies, chronic pain and PTST, as well as PCOS and infertility.
Piet himself survived a serious challenge with cancer and this makes him a very safe, compassionate and caring instructor. Keep an eye out for articles on Piet and upcoming workshops by subscribing to Grada’s blog on www.purplehousenaturaltherapies.com.au
REFLEXOLOGY WEEKEND WORKSHOP with Grada Robertson
14th and 15th October
9.30 -5.30 @ 47 Wilmot Rd, FORTH
$400 per person ($100 per day to revisit)
Includes manual, relaxation, fun & food& new info
P:64283007 to reserve your spot
This is for beginners as well as existing therapists who want to deepen their connection with ‘life’ through the art of reflexology. Reflexology is a deeply relaxing and energizing holistic therapy that treats the WHOLE YOU rather than just the symptoms of disease.
The aim of reflexology is to release any blockages to health & happiness, and restore the free flow of energy and blood circulation throughout your body. To achieve this, specific techniques are applied to reflex areas on the feet that correspond to tissues, organs and systems throughout the entire body. Stimulating these reflexes encourages the body to heal itself, often miraculously, restoring and maintaining natural equilibrium, as well as promoting relaxation and a general sense of well-being. During this fast track workshop I will teach you how to:
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Increase focus and clarity
- Encourage and restore the flow of nutrient and oxygen through the body
- Relax sore and tired muscles
- Induce overall relaxation and peace of mind
- Rebalance the hormones
- Stimulate and balance your metabolism.
- Boost your immune system.
- Use essential oils correctly
Principals of healing l
Going into the Inner Sanctum.
18th and 19th of November
With Grada Robertson
This workshop is about Heart Centred Healing, using a variety of exercises, stories and techniques that will open you up to experience healing on all levels. The aim is to connect deeply with your true essence. This will lead into
Principals of Healing ll
Creating Miracles around you.
25th and 26th of November
With Grada Robertson
Now that your heart is centred and aligned to the Universal energy that flows through all living creatures, you will learn to identify energy blocks in fellow humans (or animals or plants), where they come from and learn practical solutions to open the energy flow so that health is restored, with minimal distress or effort, creating lasting results, just like I do in my sessions at the Purple House. This leads to the third weekend, where Peter will help me teach you to re-align your core structure using energy.
Principals of Healing lll
Core structural alignment
2nd and 3rd December
With Peter and Grada Robertson
Now that you are an energy healer we are going deeper into the structure (spine, pelvis, shoulders and other joints) and release long held patterns allowing your body to re-align itself to get maximum mobility and freedom from pain. Call: 64283007 to reserve your spot.